- If you’ve tried the solution, satisfied and want to donate, contact us!
- Need commercial support or adding a new feature for Windows Media Server? contact us!
- Want to have comprehensive solution to manage your WMS servers in one console? We have one, contact us!
WMSAuth solution installation instructions
Installation instruction for Windows 2003 Server Enterprise Edition(x86, x64)
- Window SP2 for server system.
- windowsmedia9-kb942635 must be installed.
- for x86 install windowsmedia9-kb942635-x86-intl.exe
- for x64 install windowsmedia9-kb942635-x64-intl.exe
- .NET Framework 3.5. Download and install it from the following location: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyId=333325fd-ae52-4e35-b531-508d977d32a6&displaylang=en
- execute from command line install-2003.bat from installation package
- apply installregpath.reg. Just double click and follow instructions.
- go to Hkey_local_Machine\software\Polox Group\URLProtect\URLSecretPassword and change password to any string value you want. Applying installregpath.reg sets password to defaultpassword
- go to to Hkey_local_Machine\software\Polox Group\URLProtect\TimeDiffTolerance and change TimeDiffTolerance value if difference between WEB and WMS parts is significant and 90 seconds by default is not appropriate for you.
- execute from command line: net start wmserver . this starts WMS service
- go to WMS control panel -> Properties and1 then Authentication. Disable all items and Enable only Anonymous authentication. Goto Authorization and disable all items and Enable only Authorization URL based plugin. If its enabled then installation is compete.
NOTE: If you want to change password or TimeDiffTolerance later you need to restart wms service by executing : net stop wmserver /y and net start wmserver
If something goes wrong the problem most probably is in:
- time on all WMS servers and WEB servers where URLs are signed MUST be correct and in sync with each other
- passwords on WEB server part and WMS server part must be equal.
- Authentication and Authorization configuration must be set up as described in Installation instruction
Installation instruction for Windows 2008 Server (x86, x64)
- NET Framework 3.5 Must be installed. Download it from the following location if not yet installed http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyId=333325fd-ae52-4e35-b531-508d977d32a6&displaylang=en
Installation instruction/Update instruction
- execute from command line: install-2008.bat as system Administrator
All other steps are the same as for 2003 Server, see above.
The same as for 2003 Server, see above.
- To uninstall solution, execute from command line: uninstall.bat as system Administrator
Download Source Code
WMSAuth plugin is now available via GPLv3 license. You can download it from WMSAuth GitHub page.